Excellence at Work 201 – Executive Series: Clayton Homes Reimagines In-Person Learning and Reinvents Leadership DevelopmentKMarler
- Reinventing leader development for the modern workforce
- How culture impacts learning
- Taking leadership development to the next level
- How do you develop leaders for the modern workforce?
- What did the evolution look like? Was this an easy or difficult transition?
- What attributes make a great leader today?
- Can you retrain leaders who are rooted in more traditional leadership styles?
- What were the driving factors to return to in-person learning when you did?
- What were the outcomes of the transition?
- What do you see as the ideal use/blend of in-person learning to address changing needs? For the learner experience? As business needs change?
- Advice for leaders to be successful
- Insights from Jerry’s journey
- And more!
To read the Executive Interview from the podcast with Jerry Creel, download the pdf here: https://go.brandonhall.com/Clayton_EI_201.
Jerry joined Clayton in August of 2000. His first 13 years at Clayton were spent as the VP of Human Resources and Training for the company’s Retail division. Before coming to Clayton, he was the VP of Human Resources for Oakwood Homes Corporation in Greensboro, NC. He has also started a small consulting company called Bottom Line Resources, which focused on providing guidance to maximizing a client’s human capital. Currently, Jerry serves as Chief Learning Officer and has responsibility for Learning, Team Member Experience, Customer Experience, and Training.
Clayton Homes Founded in 1956, Clayton is a diverse builder committed to quality and durability, Clayton offers traditional site-built homes and off-site built housing — including modular homes, manufactured homes, CrossMod™ homes, tiny homes, college dormitories, military barracks, and apartments. All Clayton Built® homes are proudly designed, engineered, and assembled in America. In 2021, Clayton built 60,701 homes across the country. Clayton is a Berkshire Hathaway company.
Clayton Homes on Social Media
We are a human capital management research and advisory firm with more than 10,000 clients globally. For over 28 years, we have been delivering research-based solutions that empower excellence in organizations around the world. Our vision is to inspire a better workplace experience. Becoming a Brandon Hall Group member means our team joins your team. Membership provides a host of resources and services and — most importantly — a seasoned team of thought leaders and client support professionals dedicated to your success.
If you have questions about our discussion today or would like access to our research library, please visit www.brandonhall.com