Excellence at Work Episode 242: Importance of Enabling Talent Mobility for Organizations and Their PeopleShea Salvato
To read the Executive Interview from the podcast with Katie Ballantyne, download the pdf here: https://go.brandonhall.com/Cornerstone_EI_242
- Katie’s role at Cornerstone
- How has talent mobility changed?
- Why should organizations prioritize talent mobility right now?
- How can organizations enable talent mobility across their workforce today?
- What should organizations do for managers and what should they do for employees?
- Talent hoarding and why managers should think differently about losing top talent
- How can organizations balance the growth desires of their people with the growth needs of the business?
- How can organizations get a better pulse on the skills their people currently have and the skills they’ll need to develop to grow and meet business demands?
- How will people win and what is the cost of not doing this? And how do you get started if you don’t have anything?
- Insights from Katie’s journey
- And more!
Katie Ballantyne is the VP, Global Learning Strategy & Innovation at Cornerstone. She and her team are passionate about helping people leaders bring powerful talent strategies to life through Cornerstone’s products so that their organization can meet the future, ready. Prior to joining Cornerstone in 2014, Katie held senior HR leadership positions in the luxury destination hospitality space achieving industry-leading employee engagement across all organization levels resulting in a proven increase to the guest experience. Katie’s background in the learning and talent management industry spans almost 20 years, specifically focusing on engaging and investing in a company’s talent as a powerful driver of strategic organizational outcomes. Originally hailing from Australia, Katie now resides in Central Oregon with her husband and daughters where they spend as much time as possible embracing the outdoor activities each season offers.
Cornerstone powers the future-ready workforce with a next-generation talent experience platform designed to unite technology, data and content and inspire a work environment of growth, agility, and success for all. With an Al-powered, skills-forward, experimental platform, built on an open architecture designed for neutrality and scale, we help organizations modernize their learning and development experience, deliver the most relevant content from anywhere, accelerate talent and career mobility, and establish skills as the universal language of growth and success across their business. Cornerstone serves over 7,000 customers and 100 million users and is available in 180 countries and 50 languages.
We are a human capital management research and advisory firm with more than 10,000 clients globally. For 30 years, we have been delivering research-based solutions that empower excellence in organizations around the world. Our vision is to inspire a better workplace experience. Becoming a Brandon Hall Group member means our team joins your team. Membership provides a host of resources and services and — most importantly — a seasoned team of thought leaders and client support professionals dedicated to your success.
If you have questions about our discussion today or would like access to our research library, please visit www.brandonhall.com