Excellence at Work 211: Building the Next-Generation Learning Technology EcosystemKMarler
Guest: John Blackmon, Chief Technology Officer, ELB Learning
This episode is a follow-up to the webinar: Building the Next-Generation Learning Technology Ecosystem.
- What HCM or Business systems do you see are important to integrate with your learning technology ecosystem?
- What tools are best to author, deliver and measure effective learning experiences
- What challenges do organizations struggle with in creating and maintaining an effective learning technology ecosystem?
- What companies using newer technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), microlearning (ML), virtual reality (VR), and augmented reality (AR) have experienced a tremendous impact.
- How did these companies transform their people, process, and systems to optimize their current success and scale for the future?
- Is learning primarily accessed through the LMS?
- With some many different systems and access points – how do learning leaders measure and capture the right results?
- What are some things we should change in learning today to improve performance and engagement?
- Insights from John’s journey
- And more!
To read the Executive Interview from the podcast with John Blackmon, download the pdf here: https://go.brandonhall.com/ELB_EI_211.
John is responsible for all aspects of development and strategy for the company’s eLearning products. Prior to joining ELB Learning, John was Co-Founder and CEO of Trivantis, where he created the flagship products, Lectora and CenarioVR. John was also Co-Founder and Lead Engineer at BocaSoft, a company that created various software utilities for the OS/2 operating system. His career started at Electronic Data Systems, where he designed a number of automatic identification systems with various technologies for plant floor applications at General Motors, followed by time spent at IBM working on plant floor data collection, and then design work on the OS/2 operating system. At IBM, John was awarded a patent for his work on seamlessly running Windows applications under the OS/2 operating system. John regularly speaks at various eLearning industry events on topics ranging from xAPI to VR, and has a patent pending on his work for Responsive Course Design. He also received a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from the Florida Institute of Technology.
About ELB Learning
ELB Learning is a one-stop-shop for creating and delivering better learning experiences. ELB Learning offers the most comprehensive suite of products and services to help conquer training challenges. Its products include tools for building learning games, virtual reality training, eLearning courses, and video-based practice, as well as an LXP and LMS. ELB Learning also offers learning strategy services, custom learning development and staff augmentation.
Social Media Links
Become a Brandon Hall Group member!
We are a human capital management research and advisory firm with more than 10,000 clients globally. For over 28 years, we have been delivering research-based solutions that empower excellence in organizations around the world. Our vision is to inspire a better workplace experience. Becoming a Brandon Hall Group member means our team joins your team. Membership provides a host of resources and services and — most importantly — a seasoned team of thought leaders and client support professionals dedicated to your success.
Click here for more information and to sign up for a free trial membership.
Click here for information on Brandon Hall Group’s Professional Certification Program
If you have questions about our discussion today or would like access to our research library, please visit www.brandonhall.com