HCMx Radio 178: Upskilling & Reskilling at ScaleKMarler
Todd Moran a learning strategist, business transformation evangelist and digital workplace expert with over 20 years of industry experience. His passion and expertise lie in educational technology, digital customer experience, organizational change management and employee engagement. His professional career has spanned startups to no-profits and large multinationals, and his current role at NovoEd as the Chief Learning Strategist. From the megatrends in learning and enterprise collaboration to technology evaluation and implementation, to the ‘people’ side of organizational change and talent development, he covers the gamut of understanding what it takes to enable a successful digital workplace and deep employee engagement. Todd holds a B.A. in Organizational Psychology from Middlebury College, and an M.A. in Information & Learning Technology from the University of Colorado.
Todd’s social handles:
NovoEd’s collaborative learning platform empowers organizations to design and deliver experiential learning that accelerates business performance on a global scale. Since the company’s founding at Stanford’s social algorithm laboratory in 2012, global corporations, executive education providers and training firms have relied on NovoEd to develop high-margin capabilities through purposeful practice and application, coaching and mentorship and group collaboration. NovoEd’s proven approach to learning connects diverse groups of learners, mentors and leaders in a high-impact online environment.
- Skills vs. capabilities
- The criticality of individual and organizational capabilities
- Moving beyond content (even if personalized) as a proxy for learning
- Anchoring around focused, contextual learning experiences that align with business and individual goals
- The importance of alignment, connection and context in learning experience for large enterprises with geographically distributed, hybrid workforces
- Where do we go from here — post-pandemic and beyond?
- Skills vs. capabilities
- Better learning as a result of engagement
- The new paradigm of content creation
- Leveraging your existing tech stack
- Insights from Todd’s journey
- And more!
We are a human capital management research and advisory firm with more than 10,000 clients globally. For over 27 years, we have been delivering research-based solutions that empower excellence in organizations around the world. Our vision is to inspire a better workplace experience. Becoming a Brandon Hall Group member means our team joins your team. Membership provides a host of resources and services and — most importantly — a seasoned team of thought leaders and client support professionals dedicated to your success.
If you have questions about our discussion today or would like access to our research library, please visit www.brandonhall.com